TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revision Number 1: April, 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- ENTIRETY. These Terms and Conditions of Sale and all documents referenced herein (collectively, these “Terms”) are the only terms and conditions which govern the sale of goods (“Goods”) and/or services (“Services” and together with Goods, the “Deliverables”) by Packaging and Crating Technologies, LLC (“Seller”) to the buyer (“Buyer”) and supersede all other terms and conditions, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties suggesting additional or different terms. These Terms represent the final and complete understanding of the parties and may be amended or cancelled only by mutual written agreement. Acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms. Any proposal for additional or different terms or any attempt by Buyer to vary these Terms is hereby deemed material and is objected to and rejected. No terms of any document or form submitted by Buyer shall be effective to alter or add to these Terms. The earlier of Seller’s commencement of performance or Buyer’s receipt of any of the Deliverables shall constitute acceptance of these Terms.
- PRICES. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller, all prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars and based on the price at the time of quotation and are subject to change upon 15 days prior notice to Buyer. Clerical errors are subject to correction without liability.
- TAXES. Prices do not include any sales, use, excise, privilege, ad valorem, or other taxes, duties, tariffs or assessments now or hereafter imposed or levied (“Taxes”) by or under the authority of any foreign, federal, state, provincial, or local law, rule, or regulation (collectively, “Law”) concerning the Deliverables or the manufacture or sale thereof. If Seller pays any such Taxes, Buyer shall, upon demand, immediately reimburse Seller for such amounts.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller, all payments are due within 30 days from date of invoice. Orders are subject to acceptance in writing by Seller. All payments shall be made without abatement, deduction, discount or setoff. Late payments are subject to a service charge of the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permitted under applicable Law. Buyer shall be liable for all costs and expenses related to collection of past due amounts, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. If, in Seller’s judgment, the financial condition of Buyer does not justify continuance on the terms of payment above, Seller may require full or partial payment in advance or otherwise adjust the terms including ceasing to supply Buyer.
- DELIVERY. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller, delivery shall be made F.O.B shipping point at Seller’s facility and title and risk of loss passes to Buyer at such time. Delivery/performance dates are estimates only. Seller shall not be liable for any claim, loss, expense, or damage of any kind whatsoever for delays, or loss or damage in transit. Claims for loss or damage shall be made solely against the carrier. Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order.
- INSPECTION. Buyer shall inspect the Goods upon receipt and Services upon performance, and Buyer shall immediately notify Seller in writing of any claims that the Deliverables are different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order whereupon Seller shall determine the remedy pursuant to Section 11. Failure to give such written notice within 10 days after receipt will constitute irrevocable acceptance by Buyer of all Deliverables.
- CHANGES OR CANCELLATION. Changes in specifications or designs to any Deliverables, changes in delivery or performance schedules or reschedules or cancellations of orders are not permitted unless accepted in writing by Seller and Seller has determined the additional charge to be made, if any. Once ordered, deliverables that are made to order, discontinued or custom products (“Special Order Goods”) may not be cancelled by Buyer. Seller reserves the right to cancel any purchase orders or releases thereunder, or terminate any agreement relating to purchase of Seller’s Deliverables, upon 10 days’ prior notice to Buyer.
- RETURNS. Goods may not be returned without prior written authorization of Seller and compliance with Seller’s return policies and procedures then in effect.
- INSURANCE. Buyer shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence, one million dollars ($1,000,000) products-completed operations in a sum no less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) and two million dollars ($2,000,000) annual aggregate with insurance carriers having an AM Best rating of “A- VIII” or better. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall provide Seller with a certificate of insurance from Buyer’s insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in these Terms. Buyer shall provide Seller with 30 days’ advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material reduction of coverage in Buyer’s insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Buyer shall require: (i) that Buyer’s insurance will be primary and noncontributory, (ii) that Seller be named as an Additional Insured as its interests applies per this agreement; and (iii) that Buyer and its insurer waive all rights of subrogation against Seller’s insurers and Seller.
- HAZARDOUS PRODUCTS. Buyer acknowledges that there may be hazards associated with the storage, use, and disposal of Goods. Buyer agrees to observe the requirements set forth in the instructions provided by Seller on the use of the Goods in the directions. Buyer will take all steps necessary to familiarize, inform and warn its employees, agents, customers, and contractors who may handle or come into contact with the Goods of all the hazards pertaining to, and proper procedures for safe use of, the Goods. BUYER WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD SELLER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURY OR DEATH ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM BUYER’S FAILURE TO SO FAMILIARIZE, INFORM, AND WARN.
- LIMITED WARRANTIES. Unless otherwise provided by Seller in its written warranty, Seller warrants that Goods designed and manufactured by Seller will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months after shipment. THESE ARE SELLER’S ONLY WARRANTIES. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. If during the warranty period, Buyer notifies Seller in writing that the Deliverables are not in conformity with the warranty and Seller agrees, after Seller’s inspection (at its option), Seller will repair, replace or refund the total amount received by Seller therefor, at its sole option, provided Buyer returns such Goods to Seller’s plant for inspection. This shall be Buyer’s exclusive remedy for Seller’s liability. Any claims not made during the warranty period are deemed waived. Seller’s warranty does not attach to Deliverables or parts not manufactured by Seller. Any contract created between Seller and Buyer is subject to the specific conditions that (a) Seller is not obligated to provide insurance or indemnify Buyer, and (b) there are no flow-downs from any person or entity including the federal government that become part of the contract. Upon the occurrence of any event described in Section 14(e)(i)-(vi) without the prior written consent of Seller, this warranty shall be void.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE PRICE RECEIVED BY SELLER FOR THE DELIVERABLES WITH RESPECT TO WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED.
- INDEMNIFICATION. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold Seller, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, representatives, agents and employees harmless from and against all claims, suits, demands, losses, liabilities, damages (including injury and death) and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”), arising out of or relating to: (a) specifications, design, structure, operation, material or method of making Deliverables provided by Buyer or its agents (“Buyer’s Specifications”), including without limitation, any resulting violation of intellectual property or proprietary rights; (b) Buyer’s use, misuse or disposal of Deliverables or materials; (c) Buyer’s non-compliance with any Law; (d) breach of these Terms by Buyer; and (e) Deliverables subjected to: (i) improper use, installation or storage; (ii) accident, damage, abuse or misuse; (iii) abnormal operating conditions or applications; (iv) operating conditions or applications above the rated capacity of the Deliverables; (v) repairs or modifications made to all or part of the Deliverables without the prior written consent of Seller; or (vi) a use or application of the Deliverables other than in strict compliance with or varying in any degree from the specifications and Seller’s instructions.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. All non-public or proprietary information of Seller, including all IP, quotations and pricing information, is confidential, solely for the use in performing hereunder and may not be disclosed, used or copied unless authorized by Seller in writing.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All drawings, know-how, designs, specifications, inventions, devices, developments, processes, copyrights, trademarks, patents and applications therefor, and other information or intellectual property disclosed or otherwise provided to Buyer by Seller and all rights therein (collectively, “IP”) are and will remain the sole property of Seller. Buyer shall have no claim to, nor ownership interest in, any IP and such information, in whatever form and any copies thereof, shall be promptly returned to Seller upon written request from Seller. Buyer acknowledges that no license or rights of any sort are granted to Buyer hereunder in respect of any IP, other than the limited right to use the Deliverables purchased from Seller.
- EXPORT COMPLIANCE. Any items provided by Seller are controlled by the United States Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) identified in writing by Buyer prior to Buyer’s purchase of the Goods. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the United States Government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. Law and regulation.
- FORCE MAJEURE. Seller shall not be liable for any delay in or failure to perform due to any event or contingency beyond its reasonable control (an event of “Force Majeure”), including acts of God, epidemics, acts of war whether declared or undeclared, blockades, labor disputes (whether of Seller’s employees or the employees of others), raw material shortages and material increases in costs of raw materials, including those material increases in costs resulting from the imposition of tariffs. In the event of Force Majeure, the time for performance will extend for such time as reasonably necessary to enable Seller to perform. Seller may, during any period of shortage due to any of the above circumstances, allocate its available supply of Deliverables among itself and its purchasers in such manner as Seller, in its sole judgement, deems fair and equitable.
- TERMINATION. Seller shall have the right to cease work or terminate these Terms or any purchase order, in whole or in part, at any time, without liability, if: (i) Buyer breaches or defaults under these Terms or any other agreement it has with Seller; (ii) a petition under any applicable law relating to bankruptcy, insolvency, or reorganization is filed by or against Buyer; (iii) Buyer executes an assignment for benefit or creditors; (iv) a receiver is appointed for Buyer or any substantial part of its assets; or (v) Seller shall have any reasonable ground for insecurity with respect to Buyer’s ability to perform and Buyer is unable to provide Seller with adequate assurance within 10 days after written request therefor by Seller. In all cases, Seller’s rights are cumulative, are not exclusive and in addition to all other rights and remedies it may have at law or in equity. No termination shall affect any accrued rights or obligations of either party as of the effective date of such termination.
- WAIVER. All waivers by Seller shall be in writing. Failure of Seller at any time to require Buyer’s performance of any obligation hereunder shall not affect Seller’s right to require performance of that obligation. No delay or omission in the exercise of any right, power, or remedy hereunder shall impair such right, power, or remedy or be considered to be a waiver of any default or acquiescence therein.
- GOVERNING LAW. Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to any rules on conflicts of laws and exclusively litigated in either the state court or, if jurisdiction exists, in the federal district court of Connecticut.
- SEVERABILITY. The unenforceability or invalidity of any clause in these Terms shall not have an impact on the enforceability or validity any other clause in these Terms. Any unenforceable or invalid clause shall be regarded as removed from these Terms to the extent of its unenforceability and invalidity.